Interested in Volunteering? Vita Volunteer Information
VITA Site Hours - by appointment only Call 812-346-5257 for an appointment!
We can not answer tax questions over the phone or for walk in's.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse & dependents (An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted if you do not have a Social Security number. Bring proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and all dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest & dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- A copy of last yearís federal & state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit (ex: a blank check) for checking and savings accounts.
- To file e-file a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign
- All Forms 1095 Health Insurance Statements, 1095-A, B or C Affordable Health Care Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Total amount paid for rent and landlordís name and address
VITA Volunteer Home